Thursday, September 10, 2009

The cheapest whore of all.



Yesterday I wrote a blog post titled “We have become cheap whores”. Although I knew it was good, I didn't realize it would spread like wildfire around the world with kudos coming in from people not only in our industry, but other industries as well. Photographers, art directors, web designers, people in film editing, even accountants felt the need to write me on this one. I woke up this morning to approximately 167 emails praising it with a hundred other additional comments (all positive except for one) on different websites. People have been forwarding the link. Now, some new information has come to light. As I mentioned, 5 proposals were submitted for that $2/hour project. The one Canadian proposal belongs to a designer who is a recognized member of both the RGD (Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario) and a Professional Member of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada. Please feel free to write both organizations (as I have) and stress how you feel about their members contributing to the destruction of our beloved industry. I mean, aren’t they the ones that are supposedly adhering to strict values? If THEIR members don’t give a crap, should anybody? I have nothing left to say. I'm just shaking my head.

2 comments:

Paul Payton said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

So what's the solution to fix the problem?