Monday, September 08, 2008

Rest in Peace.

This morning I found out one of my favourite clients had died.
I had worked with Hans to brand his business in the last two years creating everything from a logo for his company to ads for various trade publications.

In your career you will work on a lot of projects. Some of these will be for large corporations and some will be for small business owners like Hans was.
I have always found it quite satisfying to help a small guy get his name out there and watch his phone start to ring because of something I created for him. Great clients that are a pleasure to work with are quite rare and losing one is hard in many ways…both personally and professionally.

I got a call right before Hans died from a family member who was trying to tie up any loose ends. He called to find out if I was still owed any money. Even facing death Hans was concerned about his business relationships and not leaving anyone hanging. A true old-schooled gentleman.
I will hopefully attend the funeral this week and say goodbye to not only a great guy, but one of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure to do business with.

No comments: